Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change; or worse, having to write a check. It doesn't have to be a dream! Use your free Visa® debit card for all of your purchases — whether you are home or abroad. Our debit card is safer than carrying cash and more readily accepted than checks. Request more information about this convenient purchasing option.
- Use money from your checking account without having to write a check
- Welcome at places that won't accept checks
- Faster and easier than writing checks
- Access to cash throughout the U.S. and around the world
- Joint account holders may each receive a card (no need to share one checkbook)
- Make withdrawals, transfers, inquiries, and deposits (where allowed) at ATM terminals
- Get cash back at participating merchants when using PIN debit
- Save on the cost of ordering checks
- Avoid carrying large amounts of money
- Authorization process limits your risk for lost or stolen cards
- Better way to track your purchases
- Receive receipts for every transaction
- Each transaction appears on your monthly statement
Protecting your Visa® debit or ATM card from fraud requires 24/7/365 days a year monitoring.
Our fraud detection programs monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we'll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided.
What we monitor.
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How we contact you.
Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient and free* method to contact you fast. With our Card Alert Notification service, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a suspicious transaction was authorized by you.
Receiving a text message.**
A text message will arrive with a 5 digit code and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
You will be asked to reply with "Yes" if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
A "No" reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference
Help us protect you.
Keep us up to date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information. Traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time? Contact us prior to your departure and we'll make our monitoring more flexible during your travel or vacation time.
*A transaction fee of $2.00 is charged for withdrawals from ATMs other than those of Cross County Bank or any Cross County Bank ATM. Other ATMs may have an additional charge made by the owning institution.
**Text messages to your mobile device are free, but all other fees on calls and texts are subject to the terms of your voice/data plan with your mobile carrier.